Wednesday, April 05, 2006

rory deletes last night's post as palliative for mild case of blogposter's malaise


It's hard to listen. But I am listening to nature right now. And that includes the nature within me. roryz nature within says: The last post doesn't feel right. I don't think I really like it. Maybe I just got tired of dwelling on the absurdity of clerics for the moment. Maybe I found the picture of the man in the red hat kissing Jesus' crotch disgusting. Maybe my own words in that post bored me. I don't know. I did it after a long day of hard physical activity when I was tired. I should have just sat with my tiredness and appreciated it. But I just had to frickin' blog. So I did that post. But I just don't like it. Therefore, I will delete it even as I post this post about the deletion. Strange though how little it takes to create feelings of "investment." Now, will it be disrespecting the commenters who have already commented to delete that post? Do I need to Support the Commenters despite my feelings about the post that precipitated the comments? Isn't it really alright anyway for a post just to be a comment stimulus? Ah, but rory will put aside his "can't pull out of the post now" doubts and delete. rory will put a magnetic "Support Our Commenters" ribbon on his vehicle and all will be well. And I thank you kind commenters. The comments were indeed better than the post. Oh yes, rory will delete. What a wonderful thing to be able to delete that which seems wrong, to listen to how one feels. Wait! rory will delete all of his blather and the rest of the pix, but leave the man in the red hat so that this deletion post will at least make some sense. And that way the comments will remain! Even though I was already feeling invested in complete post deletion as opposed to complete post retention, I am listening to how I feel. This feels like the better option. Holy shit! A partial deletion. Yes. A partial deletion it is. That feels right. For the moment. Oh shit ... now I'm starting to feel like maybe I should delete this post ...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rory, now I'm sorry I waited to read your Father Hardon post til this morning. The pictures were intriguing but it was too late last night to digest text. Now you've gone & made it mysterious! I liked the jokes it inspired. Your ear here looks kinda vulcan-elvish (although Eve Enstler would probably disagree). D.K.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

rory,
Keep `em coming! Nice post.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

I missed the deleted bit....now thats not fair! :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

dk ... rory has heard you. pm I love you. haddock: rory has heard you as well. haddock you are too nice a man for rory to treat unfairly!
glenda: rory is pretty sure he's not gonna delete this post, but in the light of the repost of the original deleted post, it might be worth thinking about.

3:52 PM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

Often times what you think is "deletable" is not so for your readers. Even if you're tired and in the end you don't like it, given enough time and distance, you will find that it's still your voice in there and it needs to be heard. The posts of mine that I've loved the most, fell with a thud and ones I didn't really care for, struck a chord. But when I went back and read them later, I loved them too. Sometimes your readers are ahead of the curve.

10:25 PM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

Oh, and as a loyal reader of your blog, that post was amazing!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dearest mr shock

forgive me. it's a wicked cool picture but what is it? an ear of some type? some type of alien fungal growth?

signed,

curious

3:31 AM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

thanks liberal girl ... much thanks ... rose: it is an ear that I sculpted and painted ... which is intended to go in a larger multimedia piece ... however some of my multimedia pieces evolve over relatively long periods of time ... parts of them are works unto themselves for me ... I enjoy the process of making shit that looks cool to me ... and then they become part of a fluid "collage" that might take them a number of places before they park, if they ever do, in a "work" or whatever you wanna call it ... thanks for scrutinizing it ... I like curiosity ...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Graeme said...

i liked the post as well, i know what you are talking about though. sometimes you just feel off ya know

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home